Talk about mobile platforms and mobile application technologies the name that hits your mind after iPhone app development is Android application development the hottest platform to work on after iOS. Outsourcing android app development is big trend across the globe, which most of the companies are exploring to leverage on the present mobility boom and according to Nielsen; a US based Market Research Company, Android platform is the fastest growing mobile platform and leading the race to become leader in the Smartphone segment pitted to beat rival Appleâ€™s iOS. But then as everyone says iPhone apps has their own benefits just like the android apps do.
The biggest advantage of android mobile application development is that android is an open source platform so the android developers donâ€™t have limitations that other mobile platforms generally face. Outsourcing the android apps to an offshore android development company is the best way to approach when it comes to android mobile app development with prime focus on quality and IT expertise.
Some of the latest functionalities in Android app development recently that have become popular include Location based services where companies can get a LBS app on Android where in the application can find out the location of the customer via GPS and give them the detailed information they are looking for, Cloud based service integration which enables the companies to efficiently manage IT and also extend its reach using mobile apps. Experts are also saying that android phones will become credit cards in near future and people will be able to purchase things with the help of the android mobile as a result of which the e-commerce companies will be able to extend themselves on the mobile platform which will make shopping easy and fun for the customer. A good example of which is NFC , it will be the next big wave in creating a USP for Smartphone.
The following trends were introduced two years ago. Since then, many of them have made it to the market:
• Projection – imagine showing a video from your mobile at a business meeting.
• Discontinuation of the Desktop – this large, bulky dinosaur is losing favor as high-powered, portable laptops, notepads and tablets take its place.
• Mobile Cloud – storage and accessibility options.
• 4G / LTE – LTE is a new standard for mobile communications and highly promoted by T-Mobile. 4G is fourth generation, an improvement over 3G.
• Long life batteries – Short battery life causes many smart phone users to carry their charger with them. Look into the Samsung Galaxy and Motorola Droid.
• Eco friendly – the iPhone and Samsung Evergreen use less fossil fuels. Be sure to responsibly dispose of your current mobile phone when it has expired.
Bigger phones with an easier viewing screen. The Samsung Galaxy and Huawei Mate can be called phablets, or a hybrid phone – tablet. The Mate’s screen dimensions are actually 6.1″, gigantic compared to the tiny window screens on ancient mobile phones introduced twenty years ago.
Better operating systems are required to support the many applications and superhero options of today’s tiny hand held mini computers.
The need for mobile application testing has increased manifold following fast expansion of the telecom sector. Daily new mobiles are introduced with multiple operating systems, variety of hardware specifications, and wide-ranging software applications. Many third-party applications compatible with advanced mobile phone versions are also unveiled. All these underlined by concern for performance and user acceptance demand foolproof and comprehensive mobile app testing.
Understand Mobile Application Testing
A thorough understanding of applications put for testing is a perquisite. Check whether it is developed in-house or by third party. For in-house software, mobile testing should be run simultaneously during the development process. For third-party applications, a complete review of structure, function, update frequency, security, stress, and support options is required. Mobile app testing is required to examine all device feature requirements for GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-FI, games, and others. Their performance, accessibility, and security perspective must be clearly understand and authenticated. The focus should remain on what type of platforms the application is meant for, what are high risk areas, and who are the targeted audience.
Types of Mobile Application Testing
- Functional Testing: Mobile app testing examines functionality of software and its integration with device, OS platforms, and technology. It looks into the compatibility issues, intended functional results, and ability to offer users a fulfilling experience.
Mobile application development itself very complicated process to carry out, and it involves proper planning and execution to get desired results. It gets more difficult when it comes to developing mobile applications for the small children or kids. Designing & developing mobile apps for kids could be quite an interesting and complicated compare to developing general apps, as it requires one to consider many factors like taste or choice of kids, whether the app would be able to teach them something new, whether their parents will allow the app and lots more.
Here below are some very useful and handy tips for mobile app developers planning to develop mobile application for small children.
Try to understand the nature of the kids and their taste for mobile application! More ‘n more toddlers are getting found of mobile devices and they have strong affection with them. They are well versed with mobile apps and may know how to download the apps as well. Entertainment, games, funny videos etc. are their preferred mobile apps. But, if parents are involved in this then they prefer to download educational and creative apps. So, try to understand needs and develop apps which are preferred by their parents.
Be more attentive when it comes to design the User interface of the mobile applications for children. Designing app for the kids could be quite complicated as one need to pay lot more attention on the look and presentation of the app in order to engage children. Make home screen more bright, colorful and appealing. Also make sure your app doesn’t make children to wait for a long, as they don’t have patience so they will lose interest from your app.
The mobile phone users are increasing rapidly across the world giving enough reasons for businesses to invest on mobile app development solutions. The mobile developers are experimenting with new features to make the mobile phones fascinating for people of all ages. However, there are millions of applications available on the apps store, which are competing with one another. In such a scenario, it becomes essential to know the tips that can make your business application successful.
The top three tips are mentioned below to build a mobile application successfully:
1. User friendliness: The mobile application should be designed in a manner that can serve its purpose and provide utmost comfort to users in making the most out of it. The complex interface and options often confuse the mobile user to download and use it. While you are developing a mobile app, you must consider the preferences of the user so as to ensure higher acceptance and popularity of your application and business.
2. Security of Mobile Apps: The mobile developer must ensure that the mobile apps don’t compromise the user data in any manner. Hence, the proper evaluation needs to be done to identify and rectify the flaws that can hamper data and functionality of it.
3. Balance Needs and Objectives: It is important to balance between your business’s objectives and user needs. If you fail to ignore one for the other, you would not be able to make your app successful. As your prime focus is to reach your target market, you must ensure that the needs are fulfilled while fulfilling your business objectives.